Originally designed for more intrepid, yet still fastidious Australian travellers, and now becoming a favourite of inquisitive travellers from around the world, Abercrombie & Kent’s Limited Edition Small Group Journeys are expert-led, shared adventures to more off-the-beaten track destinations.
On select Limited Edition Journeys, their expert local hosts (the Resident Tour Directors) are joined by special guest hosts, typically entertaining and charismatic travelling companions with strong connections to the destination or expertise relevant to the focus of the journey, from culture to conservation.
Turkey & Malta: Empires & Outposts
16 days, from AU$17,990
Contrast colourful histories and a beguiling mix of cultures in this rare combination of two fascinating European destinations.
- Explore Valetta’s lavish architectural legacy from the Knights of St. John
- Step back in time with a visit to the small island of Gozo
- Discover the ancient tradition of winemaking at a tasting in Cappadocia
- Wander through Turkey’s incredible rock cut churches and underground villages
- Enjoy a private viewing of the Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace, Istanbul’s most famous sights, without the crowds
- Walk in the footsteps of the ancients at Pergamon, Troy and Ephesus
- Float along the mighty Bosphorus at sunset admiring the city skyline
- Seek out spices, jewellery, carpets and more in the bazaars of Istanbul
Georgia & Armenia: Journey to the Caucasus
13 days, from AU$9,495
This fascinating journey to the heart of the Caucasus offers a surprising taste of old world Eastern European charm.
- Wander through the historic heart of Tbilisi’s old town
- Prepare lavash in time-honoured fashion in a local home
- Sip wine from earthenware pots in the world’s oldest vineyards in the Kakheti region
- Uncover medieval history at the Haghpat and Sanahin monastic complexes
- Witness a spiritual vocal performance in an ancient monastery
- Float across the high altitude waters of Lake Sevan on a private boat trip
- Taste Armenia’s noble brandy at a Yerevan distillery
- Meet local artisans and traditional carpet manufacturers in colourful markets and workshops
- Hike up to the 14th century Gergeti Holy Trinity Church, one of the world’s most spectacularly situated
Cape to Cairo
23 days, from AU$35,990
Follow the vision of colonialist Cecil Rhodes, whose grand dream of connecting the African continent by rail from south to north was never realised.
- Bed down in Cape Town’s most iconic hotel and soak up the surrounding landscapes
- Seek out rare wildlife in South Africa’s Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kenya’s Masai Mara
- Marvel at the thundering cataracts of Victoria Falls
- Float down the mighty Zambezi River and toast the sunset on a leisurely sundowner cruise
- Experience Maasai tribal culture on the edge of wilderness
- Immerse yourself in ancient history in the company of an expert Egyptologist
- Meander gently down the Nile on a luxury river cruise and watch life pass by
- Retrace the steps of Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon in the Valley of the Kings
Tribes & Traditions of Ethiopia
16 days, from AU$13,995
An incredibly diverse country, Ethiopia is rugged and mysterious. Pack a sense of adventure on this exclusive journey which combines the rich history, culture and landscapes of the north with the tribal heritage in the south.
- Explore the markets, churches, museums and palaces of Addis Ababa
- Venture to the source of the Blue Nile
- Soak up breathtaking vistas and drink coffee like a local
- Gaze at medieval frescoes in the extraordinary rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Hike through the rugged Simien Mountains in search of rare wildlife
- Marvel at the remarkable stelae and tombs of ancient Axum
- Discover tribal customs and culture in the villages and markets of the Omo Valley